Quote

"If we ever find the meaning of life, it will be a musical note." - The Who

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Basement Renovation- Virtual Tour

As promised, I am adding some pics of our basement after the renovations in January 2013.  And I'm pretty proud of myself.....2 posts in 3 days!  Wooo-hoooo!  I'm on a roll! 
Walking down our stairs to the basement.  I want to change the sign to "Swango's Woman Cave" since I am down there and have more partied than he does.... LoL.

This is as soon as you walk through the door.  This is our "oldie" corner which houses our Old Tyme photos and a very cool rustic wine rack.  Yes, I'm lacking on filling the wine rack.  I drink it too quickly!  :)  Too bad two of the bottles are empty and only there for decoration!  Cat food is also in the pics because our kitties live down there.  More cat photobombs to come....

As you turn right once you come through the door.  Bistro and bar section, featuring a Ziggy photobomb!

Continuation of the bar and our fireplace seating area.  We got a really good deal on that electric fireplace for only $100 on clearance at Wal-Mart.  It really helps in the basement in the winter.  It's very cold down there, so we keep that on to keep the kitties warm.  Sputz Mackenzie photobomb....

The seating area, which is where we spend most of our time when we are home, aside from eating dinner and sleeping.

The TV!  Aka- Toby's prized possession. With Cleo and Mario photobombs....can you find them?

A close up of the Bistro area and the Penguins mural my talented mother did!

Close up of the front of the bar.  Another awesome "Swango's Old Irish Pub" mural my mom did with the help of me.  And the WVU one I did all by myself!  An old 80s overhead projector from school came in handy for those murals.  Defiantly a time saver!

Behind the bar view.  Did I mention that the TV swivels and pulls out from the wall?  Prime sports watching area right here.  And did I mention....SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!

Close up of the WVU mural and our make shift sheving unit.  Goal is to get a nice console for behind the bar to hold glasses and bottles of alcohol.

Close up of seating area with a gorgeous WVU pallett, made by my one and only talented mom.  I swear she should open an Etsy store.  She'd make a fortune!

The kitty korner.....suprising no photobombing from them.  They were too busy nibbing.  But they do love this cat tree.  It was their Christmas present this year.

Close up of the 70" with me and Cleo.  :)

Entrance to the second room.  There is a closet on the right that goes under the stairs.  It holds all of our holiday decorations and a bunch of other things.  Mario photobomb!

And this is the second unfinished room or also called our gym.  Exciting isn't it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment