Quote

"If we ever find the meaning of life, it will be a musical note." - The Who

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Harry Potter themed bathroom ~ Near Completion

So I decided to do our Master Bathroom in a Harry Potter theme, and God love my hubby for putting up with my shenanigans.  :)

It all began with Pinterest (as always).  Kori had sent me a pin of a toilet vinyl with Harry Potter reference.  I got on eBay, and purchased it (in addition to a vinyl quote to go above our headboard). 


Then, Kori found potion label print outs on Pinterest, and printed me some.  I went to Michael's and got these cute potion bottles for 99 cents each.  I spray painted a few and then had to Harry Potter Wikipedia the colors of a few others that I didn't spray paint. 
While at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter last March, I purchased Dumbledore's wand and added it to the potion shelf.  Finally, Kori and I made Snitch ornaments before Thanksgiving.  I removed it from my tree and added it to the shelf. 


And lastly, I ordered another vinyl (this time from Etsy) that is for the Platform 9 3/4 in which students catch a train to Hogwarts.  I first intended on finding wooden letters and painting them, but didn't have luck and just purchased this one.  Also, as a bonus, they sent Harry's glasses and scar mini vinyl, which I put above the light switch. 

 


Overall, I am very happy with my bathroom.  It's not too-much-Harry-Potter-craziness, but just enough.  I would like to get one more thing for the bathroom via Etsy...


All I have to say is:  Thank you Pinterest, Etsy, Kori, and my hubs.....I couldn't do it without you all!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment