Quote

"If we ever find the meaning of life, it will be a musical note." - The Who

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 New Year Resolutions

Today marks the last day of 2012, and it is so hard to believe it is over.  It's been a great year, so many fabulous things have happened.  So here is a final recap of my resolutions for 2012 and how I did with them:

1.) I will maintain a healthy lifestyle.   I really slacked off with this one once school started...  :(

2.) Once a month, I will donate to an organization of my choice.
January- Money Donation to Relay for Life for our 2nd grade fundraiser.
February- Money Donation to the Empty Bowls Project of Monongalia County (a school fundraiser as well)
March- 2 1/2 bags of clothing and shoes donated to the Goodwill
April- Goodwill donation
May- Goodwill donation (gotta love moving!)
June- Cory's Kidz $10 donation in honor of a high school classmate that passed away. RIP Joey Burkland~~~~
July- $20 donation towards spay and neutering of stray animals in OBX
August- Goodwill donation and $30 donation to Cameroom Football Development Program
September- $5 donation to St. Jude's hospital and purchase from Pura Vida bracelets, which proceeds go to providing full time jobs to folks in Costa Rica and helping clean the shorelines.
October- 2 shirts purchased with all proceeds going towards Breast Cancer Awareness
November- $10 Red Cross Donation to Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund
December- $20 donation to CFDP for Global Giving Day

I really, really enjoyed this goal.  It feels great to give something to someone or an organization.  I will probably continue this resolution in 2013.

 3.) I will pay off my credit cards. It's a work in progress.....as always. Haha.

And this last goal is just for this blog: ~I will post on my blog at least twice a month.- So far, so good!!! (Except for February! Hey, its a short month!)


Now, out with the old resolutions and in with the new....... to be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment