Quote

"If we ever find the meaning of life, it will be a musical note." - The Who

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DIY Roasted Red Peppers

Fall is my favorite time of year for many reasons.  I love the cooler weather to wear sweaters/hoodies, the leaves changing colors, pumpkin beers, pumpkin breads, and the list continues...

I also love the thought that red peppers go on sale for 10 for $10, because this gives me a chance to make roasted red peppers to last me all winter to add to meals.  It's also a great gift idea.  So, I decided to make some for my BFF Kori.  Here is a step by step tutorial with pictures:

 
Roasted Red Peppers

Preheat oven to broil.

Lightly coat the peppers with a coat of vegetable oil and put on a pan.



Place in the oven and keep a close eye on them, turning them when they become charred.



Once charred on all sides and tender, remove and immediatley place in a glass bowl.  Cover with plastic wrap and leave for 15-20 minutes. 



After 15-20 minutes, peel away skin (using a paper towel helps), and take out seeds, stem and ribs.  I like to cut them where the ribs are.  Finally, store in an air tight container. Fill container most of the way with olive oil.



I put mine in a Mason Jar and used a decorative cupcake liner, added a tag, and there's my gift!

FYI- A pint size Mason Jar will only hold about 3 average sized peppers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment