Quote

"If we ever find the meaning of life, it will be a musical note." - The Who

Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas is for Baking

As the holidays quickly approach, so does my urge to start baking. One of my favorite things to bake is zucchini bread. Not only is it a delicious treat, but it also makes a wonderful gift. (ie: coworkers, postal worker, neighbors)

Thankfully to my parents plentiful garden over the summer, I have plenty of zucchini frozen to last me all winter making zucchini bread. I never consider myself a baker (my husband is the baker in our family), but this recipe is super easy! When I bake this zucchini bread, it is probably the only use I get out of my KitchenAide mixer.

Zucchini Bread Recipe
Courtesy of my Grandma Sue

Mix 3 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.

Combine 3 eggs, 2 cups sugar, 1 cup oil, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.

Slowly mix dry ingredients to wet ingredients.

Then, add 1 cup crushed pineapple (with most of the juice), 2 cups shredded zucchini, and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts and mix all together.

I always cook mine in greased mini loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment