Quote

"If we ever find the meaning of life, it will be a musical note." - The Who

Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

No, not the movie- My best friend of 22 years, Kori, is getting married in August and I am her Matron of Honor.  Last weekend, we had her bridal shower and it was utterly fabulous!  Prepared mostly by myself and Kori's sister, I must say I am relieved that it is over. 

I had been planning this shower since October, and with the help of Pinterest, got some great ideas.  The shower had an "Old Meets New Theme" being that Kori and fiance Andrew dated way back in Middle School.  I had done some antiquing and eBaying.  We had vintage table clothes and potted herbs as the table arrangements. Favors were a test tube filled with homemade bath salts and a tea bag- with a note saying to relax with a bath and enjoy a cup of tea!  Gifts included antique ring holders, perfume bottles, tea cups, candles, Fiesta tea cups with saucer, bath salts, and homemade jellies.

The menu was simple: Chicken Salad croissants, Veggies, Fruit, Cheese, and a variety of Trifles for dessert (S'mores, Heath Bar, Raspberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Banana Split).

We kept the games simple also.  At each place setting was a picture of Kori and Andrew with thought bubbles.  Guests were to fill out the thought bubbles and Kori picked her favorites.  While the gifts were being opened, guests played bingo, filling out their bingo board to the gifts she thought Kori would get.

Overall, everything went great (minus the rain and forgetting cups!).  Kori appreciated it all, and I believe all the guests did too! 

Now, I have another friends shower to do in June.  It never ends!

Below are a few pics:

Lemon Hand Scrub (Thanks to Pinterest!) and an antique ring holder was just one of the many gifts guests had to chose from. 

A few of the potted herbs that were on the tables and given as door prizes.  I found some very unique herbs- Apple mint, Thai basil, Hot spicy oregano, and the usuals- dill, parsley, sweet basil, rosemary, lavender.
The place settings with utensil containers made by Kori's sister. 



No comments:

Post a Comment