Quote

"If we ever find the meaning of life, it will be a musical note." - The Who

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

Wow, what a busy, busy month is has been.  Between weddings (yes, mulitple), a bachelorette party, and school starting, I can't believe it's the end of August already. 

On August 11th, we had Kori's bachelorette party in Marietta, Ohio.  Kori had no idea about it and we had a blast!  We went to a Mexican resturant for dinner, stayed at an amazing hotel, and went bar hopping and dancing.  It was so much fun!

Then finally, on August 18th, Kori's big day came!  Being the Marton of Honor, I was by Kori's side all day, and was so nervous about my speech!  As mentioned in earlier posts, Kori and I have been friends for 22 years.  We have been through everything together.  She is such a special person in my life.  As I had been practicing my speech, I would always cry.

Needless to say, not even 20 seconds into my speech, I got emotional.  I totally winged my speech and made it short and sweet.  Then, I gave my speech to Kori to read at her own time.  LoL.  Oh well, nobody remembers speeches anyways. 

All in all, it was such a beautiful day.  The ceremony was great, reception gorgeous and fun!  The food was delish, decorations outstanding, and everyone had a wonderful evening.  Here are a few pics:


I was snapping pics as the photographer was too- this was a photo where Kori posed for me.  LoL. 

This was the gift from all the bridesmaids.  A bottle of wine for each occasion- First fight, First Anniversary, First dinner party, First baby (which was beer for Andrew), First Christmas, and Wedding Night.  Also, there was a bottle of wine from each bridesmaid with a note from each attached.
I got the idea from Pinterest and actually, the labels came right from there.  The crate was from Michaels and I stained and painted their name.  Last, but not least- the sign.  It totally descirbes thier relationship and love for football.  I found that at Wings at OBX.  It was very appropriate for them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment