Quote

"If we ever find the meaning of life, it will be a musical note." - The Who

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pin-Spired

I have been addicted to this website - pinterest.com, which people post pictures, crafts, recipes, and everything else in between!  You can re-pin pictures onto your pin-board.  I saw this idea which involved gluing crayons to a canvas, and then use a hair dryer and melt them down onto the canvas.  I immediately fell in love with it, because you could call me a Crayola girl.  Every year for Christmas since I was 3, I've collected the Crayola Christmas ornament.  (Ironically, they started creating ornaments in 1987, which was when I began my collection.)  I also love their crayons, and being a teacher, I go wild when they are on sale at Wal-Mart for 10 cents at the beginning of the school year and stock pile on crayons!  (You never know when they will quit making them, right!?)

So I purchased a 12x12 canvas at Big Lots for $5, grabbed my hot glue gun and began creating this art.  I decided that I would take it to school for my students to see, so before I melted the crayons, I added my name.  I am very excited to see my students' reaction!  I know they will love it and want to do it too!  Here are pictures of my art creating process:

Supplies needed:  Canvas, crayons, hot glue gun, and marker (optional)

I measured out for the spacing of the crayons and decided of the color order I wanted them in.  Then, I carefully hot glued them to the canvas.  Surprisingly, I didn't burn myself with the hot glue!  I usually do....

The final project!  It has a yellowish tint due to the flash and angle of the picture.  But the canvas is white, the same as the first 2 pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment